Sunday, November 15, 2009

Courting Quilt

When William and I were dating we would use a green quilt to curl up with when we were watching TV that Grandma Jolley had made. A few years after we were married Grandma gave us the "Courting Quilt" as a Christmas gift. Over the years the flannel became worn and frayed. I decided to pick it apart and put on a new back. I needed to tie in the same places because some of the old tie holes were very prominent. The ties were closer together than I would have done them. I can usually tie a quilt in 1/2 a day but this one took me 24 hours (including eating, sleeping and walking, but that was it!) Here it is as I am taking it off the frames.




1 comment:

  1. That looks great Mom! If we were closer I would have you help me tie a few more quilts. Charlie loves those kind.

    ReplyDelete